Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Simple Silhouette Tutorial


I wanted the look of those cute silhouettes and I am too impatient to follow any of the tutorials I found online, involving photo shop, etc.  I decided to improvise. I'm always trying to cut corners on projects and sometimes it doesn't work ...this one did.!  I mean, how long are these going to stay up anyway, ( so I thought..  they've been up almost 2 years now!)

Supplies:

 5 old frames
black matte spray paint
black construction paper
camera
printer
double sided tape
scissors
card stock
and printer paper


Directions:


1.  Snap your picture
2.  Print on plain paper
3.  Align it on construction paper
4.  Cut out profile on top of black paper, now you have a black silhouette on not so black construction paper
5.  Lightly mist with black matte spray paint, very fine or it will curl up, I taped it down onto newspaper
6.  Allow to dry and double side tape it to card stock
7.  Frame it!
All done and so darn cute!